Want your teeth just a few shades whiter?
At Signature Smile, we provide high quality cosmetic teeth whitening treatment. Try out cosmetic dental whitening at one of our amazing clinics by contacting us today!
Why you may need dental cosmetic whitening
There are several reasons why you might want or need teeth whitening treatment some of them being;
- Common stains: eating staining foods such as tomatoes, beetroot and curries may result in tooth discolouration. Red wine, coffee and soft drink are all common drinks that can cause surface stains on your teeth.
- Ageing: As we age, the enamel on our teeth can become thinner, allowing the underlying dentine to show through and giving teeth a yellowish colour.
- Discoloured teeth: yellow teeth can happen from smoking, oral trauma, genetics, using certain medication and poor dental health.
What is Cosmetic Dentist Teeth Whitening?
Cosmetic teeth whitening is an effective teeth whitening procedure that involves the use of whitening products and techniques to lighten the colour of teeth, remove surface stains and improve their appearance.
There are two main types of teeth whitening procedures: in-chair and at-home treatments.
In chair teeth whitening uses a stronger bleaching agent and is performed by a dental professional, the results are more immediate and the whitening process can be completed during your lunch hour!
At-home treatments use customised trays that are worn for a specified amount of time each day. This method of teeth whitening can take place during the day or at night over a specified period of time as advised by your dental expert. The take home trays for teeth whitening take longer to produce your desired result when compared to in-chair whitening.
Both types of cosmetic teeth whitening can be effective but results can vary and may not be permanent.
Is cosmetic teeth whitening safe?
Since a bleaching agent is used to whiten your teeth, it can cause some gum irritation and tooth sensitivity post treatment.
That’s why it is better to have whitening procedures done by a dental professional, as we will take a look at your teeth and gums to make sure you have strong tooth enamel and no tooth decay, and advise on options for reducing sensitivity after whitening.
Ensuring your teeth are healthy will reduce the likelihood of potential negative side effects such as sensitive teeth.
Cosmetic teeth whitening performed by dentistry experts is safer than DIY at home tooth whitening treatments.
DIY Teeth Whitening
DIY teeth whitening can have several potential side effects or dangers to be aware of, including:
- Tooth and gum sensitivity: Some whitening products can cause sensitivity and discomfort, especially if they are not used as directed or if they contain harsh ingredients.
- Damage to teeth and gums: Improper use of whitening products can cause chemical burns and damage to the teeth and gums, resulting in sensitivity and receding gums.
- Ineffective results: DIY whitening kits may not be as effective as professional treatments in removing stains and whitening teeth, such as baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
- Unsafe ingredients: Some over-the-counter whitening products contain ingredients that can be harmful to the teeth and gums, such as carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide.
- Interaction with dental work: Whitening products can have adverse effects on existing dental work, such as bonding, veneers, and crowns.
It is important to consult with one of our dental professionals before undergoing any dentistry teeth whitening procedure to ensure the safety and effectiveness of the procedure.
Our dentists can recommend the best teeth whitening treatment options and help ensure the health and appearance of your smile.
How much does cosmetic dentistry whitening cost?
Cosmetic dental whitening cost varies depending on a number of factors including:
- the type of treatment
- the location
- the expertise of the dental professional
In-chair teeth whitening treatments typically cost more than at-home treatments, since they offer faster and more dramatic results. On average, the cost of in-office teeth whitening can range from $500 to $1,500 or more, depending on the extent of the treatment.
At-home teeth whitening treatments (using whitening trays) are typically less expensive and can range from $100 to $500 or more, depending on the brand and the length of treatment.
It is important to keep in mind that the cost of cosmetic teeth whitening should not be the only consideration when choosing a treatment. It is also important to choose a dental professional who has the experience and expertise to provide safe and effective results.
Our dental professionals here at Signature Smile have over 60 years of experience between our dentists, so rest assured that you have a bigger and brighter smile after you leave our clinic!
Cosmetic dentistry teeth whitening near me
Created in South East Sydney in 2014, Signature Smile Dental has been delivering high quality cosmetic dentistry to our patients ever since. We currently offer two clinics in Sydney, both offering teeth whitening services.
Our original location in Sans Souci was established in 2011 before becoming a part of Signature Smile Dental. Randwick became the second site for Signature Smile in 2015.
Our opening hours
At our Randwick location, we are open Monday through to Saturday (not all Saturdays) from 8:30am-5:30pm (Saturdays 8:30am-12pm)
At our Sans Souci location, we are open Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30am to 5:30pm.
Contact us today to book a consult with one of our dentistry teeth whitening specialists and get you started on your teeth whitening journey.